Email list at email@example.com
History of the website:
- Knight Grant enables hiring a firm to build new site
- Christina and Jesse wrote an RFP
- thoughtbot won the contract
Goal has always been to publish code open source. We'll probably AGPL license it, with IHAS as the rightsholder (jcn to confirm).
Bug Tracking Options
- Github issues
- Pivotal Tracker
- Better Means
We'll start with Github issues and see when it starts to break down. Fewer tools better.
- Focus is on people and projects.
- Let chapters keep their autonomy.
- We're not trying to build a blogging engine.
- Please jump straight in if you're making some small tweaks!
- Do some pre-planning on the list before you jump in to do anything huge
- People should make changes and test against their own heroku apps
- Send pull requests once your feature is ready
- The main staging app won't be used by everyone, just to test pre-prod push
This is a highly incomplete list, and wasn't worth discussing in depth in person.
Some things to work on:
- All Project List - Aggregate funded projects across all chapters
- Funded Description - Don't just re-use the description field for the project, need a separate "for the web" description
- Project info / metadata
- All for *.xml, *.csv, *.rss etc endings to pages to make it easier to consume data